Anyone who knows me knows that I don’t anger easily. And in the past 2 years, I have realized that more than anything – it is those Idiots on the road who make me angry . Here is a list of my top ‘Get the Fuck Off the Road’ people.
- Driving Slow on Fast Lane: For some, it might be ignorance but for majority it is not. Regardless of your speed, if you are on the left lane and you see a vehicle behind you, you must move to right and let the vehicle pass. FYI – Left Lane is called ‘Passing lane’. Pass and merge people. Don’t hang out just because you pay the road taxes. You might be driving at speed limit +10, but if the right lane is empty – you must move. That’s the law of the land.
- Last Minute Merge: These are the people who merge at the very last minute. All maps point out to your turns well in advance. Why then do you wait till the last 1/10th of a mile to merge? adding salt to the injury are those who merge with little to no space to merge. It is left to the drivers behind to brake appropriately.
- No Indicator Turns: those lights on your cars aren’t ornamental people. For fuck’s sake, light them up at least 5 second before your turn. There are those who don’t even use indicators and then there are those who use it after they have started to turn. What exactly do you think is the purpose on an indicator?
- Tailgaters: Or maybe I should say Tail-gators. Why in the world would someone want to tail gate? Maintain a 2-3 car distance. Isn’t it as simple as that? I am determined to call the cops on the next person who tailgates me. It should count for harassment, right? Imagine you are one of those lovely tailgaters and the one in front of you belongs to the category above…see where I am going with this? It is not hard to predict the future.
The next one causes me amusement more than anger or frustration.:
- Distracted Drivers: You better have an amazing life insurance (and auto insurance too) if you are one of those who loves to use your cell phone or groom yourself (read make-up) when you are driving +10 on the left lane. Let me tell you this, I have 100% confidence on your driving skills but are you sure that the driver about to merge into your lane isn’t high or crazy? Are you willing to bet your life on the driving skills of those around you?
I have always had a kind of curiosity on what might have triggered the origins of the word ‘Fucktard’. Now, I am almost certain these are the people who lead to invention of an innovative word. That being said, do you have any personal pet peeves around drivers on the road?